1. Wrong VAT return filing because of an error with the data:
- In case the new payable VAT amount is lower than the first paid amount, the too much paid amount will be refunded compensated within next subsequent vat return
- In case the new payable VAT amount is higher than the first paid, the difference has to be paid and penalties will arise upto 1% of the underpayment amount for each month of delay
2. Wrong VAT return filing done with the purpose of hiding transactions or similar:
- If a return has been filed with wrong amounts and a correction has not been made within the given terms or not filed at all, the penalty can be between 50% and 150% of the total VAT due.
- The amount differs on the situation: for example if economic damage has been caused or if the tax offences have been committed repeatedly.
- If the penalty is being paid within the voluntary period, a reduction of 40% can be implemented. The voluntary period is mentioned in the letter.